Is there such a thing as Visual SEO? Search Engine Journal recently published a great analysis of how image-recognition technology is likely to disrupt traditional search in the coming decade, much as voice search has already started to do. Among the fascinating factoids they shared that are driving adoption of visual search:
- Our brains process images 60,000x faster than text.
- After three days, customers still retain 65% of visual stimuli versus just 10% of auditory stimuli.
- Consumers are 80% more willing to engage with content that includes relevant images.
- Content with relevant images earn 94% more views than content without images.
- Images are the most important deciding factor when making a purchase, according to 93% of consumers.
As far as search engines go, Visual Search has plenty of benefits for e-commerce sites over text-based search when it comes to on-page and off-page SEO, and reducing extra steps during the checkout process is key to solidifying e-commerce conversions.
“The typical checkout process asks customers to d a variety of things, such as sign-in or create an account, fill in personal information, and make choices regarding gift wrap, coupons, etc …
According to KISSmetrics, most online shoppers don’t make it past your checkout, because, ‘[each] option creates an unnecessary disconnect between the user and their goal which is buying the actual product.'”
And it’s not just ton the search engines where technology figures in.
“The more hoops a customer has to jump through to find the product they want, the less likely they are to click the “Checkout” button at the end of the process. Visual search eliminates the tedious querying by bringing users straight to the products that match their image.”
At Slyce, we pride ourselves with providing customer solutions for our clients and end users, and we are thrilled to be named as a visual search solution for e-commerce businesses.